Innovative Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain treatments
PRP Injection (Platelet Rich Plasma)
Platelet-rich Plasma uses cells from you own body to stimulate healing in injured or degenerative tissue.
The procedure uses no drugs and no artificial products. A quantity of your own blood is collected and then synthesized to collect the platelet-rich plasma contained in your own blood. This plasma is then injected into the areas to be treated.
How can PRP injections help me?
PRP injections can restore function by enabling the body to repair, replace and regenerate damaged ageing or diseased cells and tissues. They are used to treat the following conditions:
- Tendon Injury
- Bone tissue repair
- Soft tissue augmentation
How can they benefit me?
In general, you can expect:
- Pain reduction
- Increase in functional capacity
- Improvement in joint mobility
- May postpone or avoid surgery
Is it safe?
Because PRP therapy uses autologous blood products the immune system does not consider the injected platelet cells and plasma to be foreign and there is no allergic reaction. As the platelet cells are very small, flare-up from the injection is usually mild but is more common when injecting denser tissues such as tendons rather than the more spacious joints.
How does it work?
PRP works along your bodies natural healing pathway. When you get a cut platelets in your blood cause clotting, but also release growth factors (GFs) in the local area. These growth factors initiate and regulate tissue repair. GFs create new capillaries for increased circulation to the area, which attracts a type of stem cell to the injured area, repairing nerves, or forming collage to repair muscle, tendon, skin and chondral tissue.
- Well equipped minor surgical theatre and treatment room
- Pap smears
- Breast checks
- Pre-pregnancy counselling
- 7-10 DAYS baby check
- Baby growth – weight/height/head circumference monitoring.
- Prostate cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Mental Health
- General counselling
- Counselling and support in crisis
- Management of mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety
- Mental Healthcare plans
- Routine skin checks
- Skin cancer prevention
- Acne treatment
- Freezing therapy for solar keratosis, warts etc
- Travel advice
- Travel vaccinations
- Linked with accredited deputising after hours services
- Please call Home doctor services 13 74 25 when our clinic is closed.